Sunday 8 July 2012

6/7/12 The Flood


No, I have not plagiarised one of Take That's pop songs. Today, there has been yet another freak weather occurence; with one month's worth of rainfall falling in just one night and day. Roads around many parts of the country have been affected, with people's houses being flooded and access to many areas has been restricted.

Venturing out in my car this morning, I had to turn around and find another route as I discovered a main road near my house was completely flooded. Some people had attempted to drive through the water and had got stuck. I decided there was no way I was going to even try to get through so did a dodgy turn in the middle of the road and found another route!

Scarily the water has been deeper in some local places including the road pictured above. Yes, this is ACTUALLY A ROAD! Luckily the bus was not carrying any passengers and the driver (pictured) was ferried to safety in the rescue boat.

Whilst having my breakfast this morning, Bubbles and I looked out of the window as the rain pelted down in huge splashes. Bubbles looked totally fed up as she realised this was another non-garden day!

No comments:

Post a Comment