Friday 23 August 2013

August 2013 Sporty Cat

Bubbles never fails to surprise me! From suddenly turning into a "licky" cat on my return from being away, to leaping out at me (making me jump EVERY TIME) as I innocently walk past the bed / doorway / landing bannister / out of the bathroom (choose one or all of the locations!) She now has a new, exciting sporting hobby.... playing catch with a tennis sized, squishy, rubber ball.

I discovered this when trying to tempt her back into the house one afternoon when she was busy in the garden. I just gently threw the ball past her, thinking she might chase it towards the house.... When she flattened herself, ears pinned down, bottom wiggling - in full pouncing mode!

Bubbles raced after the ball, shot her front paw out to stop it, turned it round with a quick swipe of a deftly practised paw then turned to face me, eyes big and expectant, waiting for me to throw it again!

I laughed, picked up the ball and threw it; a bit higher this time. Bubbles watched carefully then leapt in the air at just the right moment to give it a whack to send it flying forwards. She then chased it, expertly turned it around and lay waiting for me to play again!

This wonderful game went on again and again!

I really think pets are like people in the way you get to know them so well; their likes, dislikes, little quirks and unique personalities, yet they each have their own individual hidden talents, which they keep on surprising you with, so you learn new things about them and get to know them just that little bit more each and every day




2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel, isn't it lovely to have developed such a special rapport with Bubbles? I'm so fortunate to have the same kind of thing with my Kushka - I don't know what i'd do without her cwtching besides me :)

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, Mel - it's for lovely bloggers who have less than 200 followers - if you go to my blog, you'll be able to get all the details, once I've posted it, that is! Lol

    Here's to getting to know our pets even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katy, thanks so much for your message and I'm sorry for the very late reply. Thank you very much for nominating me for the award, that's really exciting news! I will go onto your blog now to read all about it.

      I hope you and Kushka are both well. Bubbles is enjoying being on "spider patrol" at the moment as September always seems to be the season of large arachnids! Most of them seem to taunt her by dangling on their webs on the outside of the windows though!

      Delete