Tuesday 13 November 2018

Autumn 2018

All the leaves are brown now - as I am writing in November when most of the leaves have created a crinkly auburn carpet on the ground.

We have put our heating on and had a move round in the lounge to make sure Bubbles' and Scruffy's beds are not in a draft. Bubbles' day bed is now tucked nicely in front of the heater along with her scratching post - so she can choose to snuggle down in her bed or curl up on one of her platforms and be snug and warm.

Scruffy's cage is away from the window and this gives him the excellent vantage point of being able to watch me in the kitchen when I am preparing his fresh fruit and vegetables....

Bubbles is able to see into the kitchen as well from her platform so she is able to keep tabs on me and is able to come quickly to check out any interesting occurences - such as toast and butter being made to share with her!

I had a couple of weeks away visitng family in September and October and on my return, I was honoured with the almost once yearly event of Bubbles sitting on my knee. She must have really missed me. Scruffy and Brent had struck up a bond in my absence so for a few days - until he realised I was the food giver again - I was entertained by Scruffy wheeking madly to voice his excitement every time Brent stood up from the settee just incase he was going into the kitchen to fetch Scruffy's delicious vegetables!

Here we are on my return from Germany....


Now the weather is cooler (cold), Bubbles is once again tucked up on our bed at night. She takes turns to sleep on top of us or nestled into our legs and provides Brent's morning alarm clock in her not so subtle attempts to attract his attention to the treat tub at 7.00 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment